Author Topic: Binaural beats for tinnitus  (Read 16714 times)

GreatPacific

Binaural beats for tinnitus
« on: December 20, 2008, 10:44:17 PM »
Lately I have ben experimenting with binaural beats . So far I have been using the ones to relax they seem to be working very well for stress relief . My T is a 1 or 2 compared to a 8 which it was several months ago ( reduced by  TRT type of treatment). I was wondering if someone has a binaural beat they could post that has helped their T. I firmly believe the binaural beat may offer a solution as it deals with brain waves and they can change the way you feel.

Gus

Re: Binaural beats for tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »
Will you please explain to me what is "binaural beats" ?

Thnx.
Gus

GreatPacific

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 03:59:44 PM »
Binaural beats
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Binaural beats or binaural tones are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, the perception of which arises in the brain independent of physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove.

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the loudness of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequency of the tones must be below about 1,000 to 1,500 hertz for the beating to be heard. The difference between the two frequencies must be small (below about 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise the two tones will be heard separately and no beat will be perceived.

Interest in binaural beats can be classified into two categories. Firstly, they are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing. Secondly (and more controversially), binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves [1] [2] and can be used to produce relaxation and other health benefits such as pain relief[3].

GreatPacific

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 04:15:35 PM »
Her is a link for Binaual Beats. Free for 15 day   shttps://www.transparentcorp.com/products/np/technical.php
I have used the one for anxeity at night . Yesterday I slept 10 hours straight . I tried one for energy and could not sleep all night my brain was so active . So far I am finding that the T is very low after a session . The beats will poduce brain waves from alpa to delta . I think T suffers are producing to many Beta waves ( overactive brain , just a theory ).
Cool stuff the posibilities seem far reaching.Art

Gus

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »
Thanks GreatPacific for all the information. During my X-mas holiday I'm gonna read everything very carefully.

Grtz Guus

GreatPacific

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:54:03 PM »
Here is some aditional information the binaural beats may work.
"Originally Posted by Medical News Today :

Weisz had previously found that chronic tinnitus sufferers had different patterns of brain activity compared with those with normal hearing. The brains of tinnitus sufferers showed reduced alpha power (8-12 Hz) and enhancement in the delta (1.5-4 Hz) and gamma power (>30 Hz) brainwave range. These differences were especially pronounced in the brain's temporal cortical regions. In this research, slow wave brain activity was decreased during RI, but the higher alpha frequencies did not change.

"The results of this study suggest that a reduction of the tinnitus perception leads to changes in the oscillatory properties of cortical networks connected to tinnitus," says Kahlbrock. "In particular, changes in slow-wave frequencies appear to be RI related."

Treatment approaches would need to permanently interrupt the underlying oscillatory pattern to succeed. Further investigation into extending the RI approach could include combining it with top-down approaches such as neurofeedback to extend the RI tinnitus-dimming effect. Experiments to boost alpha frequencies and cut delta activity using neurofeedback have previously shown some success in reducing tinnitus. "

lowedt

• ZAST Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
i have binaural beats on my mp3 player. im not sure if it actually helps my tinnitus but it does help falling asleep and relaxing.

GreatPacific

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 09:31:24 PM »
I agree it helps with sleep and if you sleep well the T also goes down down . Pet scans show that T suffers  have a a part of the brain overactivated ( the fight or flight area ) this may be to many delta or beta brain waves . Pumping alpha binural waves into the brain may help . I am expermenting with different beats If I find a great one for T I will post it.I am surprised by  the lack of research in this area.Art

lowedt

• ZAST Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »
I agree it helps with sleep and if you sleep well the T also goes down down . Pet scans show that T suffers  have a a part of the brain overactivated ( the fight or flight area ) this may be to many delta or beta brain waves . Pumping alpha binural waves into the brain may help . I am expermenting with different beats If I find a great one for T I will post it.I am surprised by  the lack of research in this area.Art

I am suprised by the lack of research regarding tinnitus period. the ones i use are Dr Jeffrey Thompson's  rejunevating sleep, alert relaxation, and letting go of stress.

GreatPacific

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 11:34:26 PM »

GreatPacific

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 10:02:57 PM »
The BAUD is a device used to heal using a form of binaural beats . They even claim to heal T sometimes. I saw the device on a TV show Dr Phil . I found this free download on Headwave   http://innertotality.com/?q=node/9  ii is basically the same as the baud but you do not need to shell ouy $400 . The user manual for the settings can be found on Bauds website . Using the Denas scenar and listening to binaural beats I have reduced my T from a 8 to a 1 or 2 and sometimes 0. Cheers. Art 

bahsura

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 12:45:53 PM »
GreatPacific.

Thanks for the support. I went searching the BAUD user manual in many pages and thru google and I couldn't find it. Could you post it somewhere? Or upload it to rapidshare?

Thanks.

GreatPacific

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »
Here's a great link for binaural beats;
http://gethighnow.com/audio-highs/

The Tomatis treatment is great for Hyperacusis . I paid a $1000 for a similar treatment  .Here you can find the tones for free.
It worked for me. As a foot note my T has gone down a good 80 % in the last 2 years .Used scenar,beats,trt.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 05:15:43 PM by GreatPacific »

TomChavez

• http://www.mindvalleyacademy.com/blog/mind/binaural-beats-for-sleep
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 08:46:47 PM »
Hello guyss
Thanks for sharing a such important information.
www.mindvalleyacademy.com/blog/mind/binaural-beats-for-sleep
Without getting too technical, binaural beats are the beats that your brain makes up when it is presented with two different tones in each ear.