Author Topic: emails between zephiloyd and jbrock  (Read 1606 times)

Zephiloyd

• Administrator
emails between zephiloyd and jbrock
« on: September 30, 2013, 05:16:41 AM »
Jim and I have exchanged interesting emails, too interesting to keep to myself. Jim's comments are in blue, mine in black

Phil, your experience occurred quite a few years ago and you state that at least one person has been essentially cured of tinnitus with this technique, yourself and a few others have had some good results. I have only discovered your site a few days ago and after researching this disorder, I must say that if this is indeed true, this approach transcends quite a bit of extensive research in the field. Most people, especially those PhD’s that have researched this would find this hard to believe. However, if what you say is correct, you have achieved an incredible milestone. Have you considered contacting your equivalent to our Veteran’s Administration which I suspect is attached to your Ministry of Defense? Approximately 40% of US combat veterans suffer from moderate to severe tinnitus. That is a large segment of the tinnitus population with respect to the general population. You could request a study be done with volunteers from UK combat troops with tinnitus using your technique. Of course it would be a good idea to document your research and possible apply for a patent on the procedure. If they don’t take you serious, you could post on your webpage that you will do your own study on a limited number of veterans on a voluntary basis. If your procedure cured just a few vets, I can almost assure you that the Ministry of Defense will begin to take you serious.  Your next step could be to develop your own device. As I understand it just from studying it for a few days it is an electro-stimulation device that impedance matches based on feedback measurement of capacitance and inductance. I am a laid off electronics engineer from NASA Johnson Space Center in Houston, I understand the basic concept (you can verify me on linkedin). I have limited physiology training, just what was taught in basic flight physiology and have just within the last few days looked into what I believe you may be doing. I believe the tragus incorporates a link to the vagus nerve that is currently an avenue of research by several firms including Micro-transponder Inc and the University of Texas at Dallas. Their approach and others is to tap into the vagus nerve, located behind the right ear flowing into the spine whilst generating tones to the ear that ‘retrain’ the audio nerve to adapt or change patterns to reduce tinnitus. I have consulted with a research nurse at Cyberonics Inc about this and she referred me to Microtransponder since her firm only does epilepsy. If your work is true, it is an incredible milestone because you may be performing both functions, stimulation of the vagus nerve while activating the cochlea fibers and thus feeding the audio nerve. You may also be performing a third function currently under research at both the University of Edinburgh as well as University of Dublin College using low frequency modulated tones to vibrate and reorder the cochlea fibers into realignment.

I am rather disappointed in the profession for not making any significant progress.

I have helped reduce the tinnitus of about a dozen people out of about 60 who have bought the treatment package, but there is no way of knowing how capable the majority (who were unsuccessful) are of applying it, as it is all long distance, and they apply it themselves. To give proper treatment to maximise success I need access to the patients on a daily basis, this is not feasable over long distance. If they could actually get the signal through to the inner ear easily, treatment could be much more successful, but that seems to be a problem with most people. Recent research indicates that maximising blood flow to the area is the key, this can be done by using magnesium, ginkgo biloba, and niacin supplements. I was attacked a couple of years ago by a local ENT for my work, he claims that what I was doing was dangerous and that the probes are illegal. It is a grey area. This has made me less vocal about the treatment, and I wish sometimes that someone else could help me with this, and was able to experiment openly and comfortably without having to worry about things like whether you have probes that are certified for use in Europe, or if the treatment is invasive.

Your idea about contacting the MOD is excellent, and I should do this, although I would prefer to have more positive results first to sell the idea

Something else that happened to me when I "hit the right spot" when treating my tinnitus, was that I noticed very soon after my neck making cracking noises when I moved it in a certain way. It still does it now. I think perhaps the treatment rectified the allignment in my neck which must have become very slightly out of place over the years. So due to the sudden correction, the neck bones do not fit perfetcly as they had adjusted to years of natural reshaping, and make a cracking noise (there is no pain). The route taken for the scenar to perform this reallignment was perhaps down the vegus nerve

The Denas/Dens devices are another subject of great debate. I have been told that they are not proper scenar, due to the wave being slightly different. I trust the signal produced by RITM, INTERX and ACUSCEN as they are all recognised as SCENAR signals. I would be OK trying to use denas on the skin to attempt to heal a pain issue, but I would not use it on such a delicate area as the inner ear if I cannot be confident that it is not a true scenar signal. Savinga few dollars is not worth the risk.

You may need to team up with an audiologist, maybe one that does alternative therapies and has an open mind not afraid to  ‘buck the establishment’. That person may be quite helpful in acquiring the right ‘sweet spot’ in the ear canal. See if there are licensing requirements and classify yourself as an alternative therapist. A requirement might be to attend training like how to apply the SCENAR for rated treatment. Then in order to get tinnitus as a treatment maybe have that Russian expert in SCENAR add ‘possible other areas of the body’ like ears for treatment. Partnering with an audiologist will help you in many ways 1) credibility since you are working with the medical establishment 2) audiologist will help steer you in right direction to avoid liabilities, 3) audiologist will  give expertise on nervous system dealing with hearing and 4) audiologist may help you steer through establishment and bureaucracy and get connections to MOD or some research institution. He/she doesn’t even have to be in your facility, just on the phone as a consultant. His/her pay could be maybe i.e. 5% of any profits just to be available by phone or email. Your site, letter heads and business cards could reference him/her as a consulting partner. The credibility thing may get naysayers to ‘put up or shut up’ when you say you have a licensed audiologist on staff to acknowledge the viability of your procedure. In fact, this could be the path to getting this idea off the ground. With millions of people with tinnitus you may well get deluged with requests for treatment (you may soon have many competitors as well).

Yes, those ‘D’ unit’s signals may be different. I noticed that the Russian units in your user manual specified a damping signal, what we in engineering school called a ‘sync’ function, or SinX/X. The ‘D’s may not do this and the audio nervous system could take a ‘hit’ without this regulated reduction in the AC pulse.

About that cracking, have you checked with a chiropractor at least to get an x-ray? Since the Vagus runs through your back, you may want to ensure nothings out of whack to give you other problems. If you indeed did get 100% tinnitus relief, you will be the first, a milestone. Getting an expert on-board like an alternative therapist who happens to be an audiologist may be akin to getting an attorney instead of facing a judge yourself. I’m sure the UK has one somewhere, maybe one in Piccadilly Circus (just kidding)

If you look here, you'll see tinnitus is already considered to be something scenar treats. I simply added a new angle to it by putting it directly in the ear.
www.zephiloyd.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109&Itemid=83

I have already designed a suitable probe to go in the ear, I made it 4 years ago, banana plugs are perfect for the job
http://www.zephiloyd.com/images/zza.jpg

I looked into patenting 4 years ago but I cannot afford it

I am going to send you a free copy of the 50 page manual I wrote in the next email, that goes with this treatment. Pretty much all I figured out is in there

I got banned from the physics forum for trying to ask questions about accessing higher frequencies, which related to the last part of the manual, perhaps you can help me with that. Moderators claimed the scenar was pseudoscience quackery

Phil, who are these people at the physics forum that cut you off? Did they bother to look at the technology. They sound like Thomas Edison when he did his DC vs. AC war with Tesla and lost. He claimed AC was ‘pseudoscience’ as well and his dreams of DC for everyone went nowhere but the battery.

I gather that increasing power doubles the rated pps. Do they just have a problem with scenars or using it above the rated frequency?

I don't know who they are, I just know that they were compartmentalised minions

They had a problem with scenars in general

Did you get the manual in the attachment I sent yesterday? I explain the frequency problem in details, from page 40

Phil, I looked at the specs on this and it seems to be close to the others, except that maybe the frequency adjust is course, correct? It says it does not have biofeedback. Isn’t that necessary for the unit to work properly?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I read page 40 and on. Is it just a design flaw that allows for pulse repetition? I wonder what Dr Revenko would say about that. I found a good link here - http://www.alternative-doctor.com/specials/scenar.htm.

Hi Jim

Phil, I looked at the specs on this and it seems to be close to the others, except that maybe the frequency adjust is course, correct?

The frequency goes a fraction higher, but is otherwise the same

It says it does not have biofeedback. Isn’t that necessary for the unit to work properly?

where does it say the acuscen doesn't have biofeedback?

Is it just a design flaw that allows for pulse repetition?

No it is a fucntion called intensity which is applied in specific treatments

Phil, on the page from the link you gave me – “The ACUSCEN Premium model is not capable of the sophisticated biofeedback and adjustment functions offered in the Pro Model.”, pdf attached. Maybe just not the ‘sophisticated’ biofeedback. I’ll find out this week if authorized to use estate funding in the divorce proceedings. I will continue to study your write-up and get back to you on that as well. The addition of pulses, increasing the power out via PRF looks similar to PWM (pulse width modulation) used in motor control functions where voltage/current is constant on an amp so duty cycle is proportional to power. I frequently used PWM for LED intensity control with the non-linear voltage characteristic of LEDs.

Maybe just not the ‘sophisticated’ biofeedback

Yes, it just means it doesn't have as many settings, it still uses biofeedback
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:06:33 PM by Zephiloyd »

Zephiloyd

• Administrator
Re: emails between zephiloyd and jbrock
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 05:19:12 AM »

·         Phil, the AcuScen just arrived this afternoon. I have already read your manual on application of SCENAR for tinnitus several times. I just went through the entire DVD on the AcuScen and went through the section on manual mode several times as well. I am still a bit unclear about energy settings. It is my understanding that energy is related to PRF, correct? Does that mean that each frequency is fixed on a single energy level because changing energy will change frequency due to the scale factor relationship of the PRF?

·         After I spend a bit of time prepping the ear canal with the Z1 probe and go onto Z2, I want to make sure I am doing this right. Do I just start at 50 Hz, energy at 1, and gradually go up to the max frequency setting and then start again at energy at 2 and so forth? Do I just move the probe around the canal, avoiding the bottom front area until I hear any Z’s?

·         I assume modulation will not be used in the tinnitus application. I found a description of modulation to sort of ‘shock’ the system. Have you ever tried modulation to see if you get any interesting and productive results in your patients?

·         I understand damping and there are 3 positions on AcuScen. How is that best applied?

·         There is an adjustment for ‘depth’ but I don’t know what that is. Is it necessary or just ignore?

·         Unfortunately, the DVD is not very comprehensive. Is there a written manual that describes this device so I can understand it more? I could find nothing more than a costly $50 ‘user’ manual available at the AcuScen site.

·         Lastly, one site said that AcuScen is not a real SCENAR but it alludes that it signals are basically the same technology. Also, at one place it said that biofeedback only works in automatic.

·         Overall, I just want to make sure I’m using this device in the right manner and would hate to be disappointed not getting any results because I don’t use it correctly

·         Phil, Does this void tag indicate that the unit was rejected or has anything wrong with it of concern? Also, I noticed that when I applied Z1 to my ear, the unit’s yellow LED went out and the clock reset. It seems to do this when you break connection. Without a manual, I’m not sure I’m using this right and if it is working properly. Do you have a hardcopy of the manual you could email me? The DVD is not very complete.

·         I could feel a bit of current so it must be doing something. I operated it for an hour and a half on both ears, moving around slowly and every minute upping the frequency but keeping the E level at 15. It seemed like in one ear, every time it hit the bottom of the tragus I could hear very faint popping sounds but I’m not sure if this was a ‘zeffle’ or just arcing of the Z1 probe through the skin.

·         Lastly, it seems most prudent to use your technique of taping off the center feed conductor on the unit and placing behind the ear of one side and probing with just one banana plug on opposite to ensure a proper return. Is that your recommendation over using the return on the cable?

·         Does the AcuScen allow for going above 383Hz? There is no ‘INT’ feature.

·         If this device does not work for me, like if I need to go above 383Hz, can I pay the extra to get the original unit you offered me? I would pay to ship this and then pay to ship the other one back.

·         I have been in contact with the American Tinnitus Association here in Houston, periodically with a local rep. If this works, I will let him know and he will contact their headquarters about the viability of this approach. You may be contacted by them. That could be the break you need to get this into the US on a large scale, a very large market. Your approach to going into the ear canal is unique and you should be able to benefit in some way from that.

·         Please get back with me ASAP on the ‘void’ tag question and if you have a manual for this thing

HI Jim

Glad it arrived OK.

The ZAST manual was written for the RITM device, so a number of things are different
On Acuscen, some relevant ones I can think of at present are:
The default frequency is 77Hz on your device, not 59.3Hz
On Acuscen, difference in frequency is standard 1Hz, unlike RITM which is 2% of previous frequency
Int is Depth on your device

Phil, the AcuScen just arrived this afternoon. I have already read your manual on application of SCENAR for tinnitus several times. I just went through the entire DVD on the AcuScen and went through the section on manual mode several times as well. I am still a bit unclear about energy settings. It is my understanding that energy is related to PRF, correct? Does that mean that each frequency is fixed on a single energy level because changing energy will change frequency due to the scale factor relationship of the PRF?

1. You do not need to be concerned about PRF, this is because the Acuscen does not have a Gap function so is not relevant for you, but yes PRF is related to energy

After I spend a bit of time prepping the ear canal with the Z1 probe and go onto Z2, I want to make sure I am doing this right. Do I just start at 50 Hz, energy at 1, and gradually go up to the max frequency setting and then start again at energy at 2 and so forth? Do I just move the probe around the canal, avoiding the bottom front area until I hear any Z’s?

2. you should start at 77Hz, energy at a level you can feel, which at a guess might be about 15 or 20, keep the probe in stable comfortable position for 30 seconds or so, then move to another position, repeat process at higher frequency, I would suggest going up by 20Hz each time. You are not listening for zeffles at this stage just preping the ear. You need good blood flow around the ear area, this can be enhanced by using magnesium, ginkgo biloba, and niacin supplements. ( Please inform yourself about these supplements and consult a professional when making dietary changes)

I assume modulation will not be used in the tinnitus application. I found a description of modulation to sort of ‘shock’ the system. Have you ever tried modulation to see if you get any interesting and productive results in your patients?

3. correct, not used, no, never used it for this

I understand damping and there are 3 positions on AcuScen. How is that best applied?

4. if you find the signal too sharp, first turn the energy down, if still uncomfortable, apply damping, then turn the energy up. 3 is strongest damping, otherwise it is up to you

There is an adjustment for ‘depth’ but I don’t know what that is. Is it necessary or just ignore?

5. Depth is intensity, you may use this later, see page 34

Unfortunately, the DVD is not very comprehensive. Is there a written manual that describes this device so I can understand it more? I could find nothing more than a costly $50 ‘user’ manual available at the AcuScen site.

6. I am trying to get you a pdf manual at present. I have put out the call

Lastly, one site said that AcuScen is not a real SCENAR but it alludes that it signals are basically the same technology. Also, at one place it said that biofeedback only works in automatic.

7. I have always been taught that Acuscen is real scenar. Not sure about the biofeedback only working in automatic, do you have a link?

Phil, Does this void tag indicate that the unit was rejected or has anything wrong with it of concern? Also, I noticed that when I applied Z1 to my ear, the unit’s yellow LED went out and the clock reset. It seems to do this when you break connection. Without a manual, I’m not sure I’m using this right and if it is working properly. Do you have a hardcopy of the manual you could email me? The DVD is not very complete.

8. No Void, just means "void from original warranty" if that sticker is removed. Yes it does that when connection is broken, it is normal

I could feel a bit of current so it must be doing something. I operated it for an hour and a half on both ears, moving around slowly and every minute upping the frequency but keeping the E level at 15. It seemed like in one ear, every time it hit the bottom of the tragus I could hear very faint popping sounds but I’m not sure if this was a ‘zeffle’ or just arcing of the Z1 probe through the skin.

9. OK, could be, good that you are getting a response so quick anyway
zeffles should sound a bit like this
http://www.zephiloyd.com/audio/zeffles.wma

Lastly, it seems most prudent to use your technique of taping off the center feed conductor on the unit and placing behind the ear of one side and probing with just one banana plug on opposite to ensure a proper return. Is that your recommendation over using the return on the cable?

10. I know what you are referring to, but I don't understand the question

Does the AcuScen allow for going above 383Hz? There is no ‘INT’ feature.

11. yes, see answer 5

If this device does not work for me, like if I need to go above 383Hz, can I pay the extra to get the original unit you offered me? I would pay to ship this and then pay to ship the other one back.

12. yes

I have been in contact with the American Tinnitus Association here in Houston, periodically with a local rep. If this works, I will let him know and he will contact their headquarters about the viability of this approach. You may be contacted by them. That could be the break you need to get this into the US on a large scale, a very large market. Your approach to going into the ear canal is unique and you should be able to benefit in some way from that.

13. sounds good, thanks

thanks for your messages. I have to state that it seems you are rushing with this, and this is not a good thing. Your body will only respond at the rate at which it can, your determination to get rid of the tinnitus as quickly as possible is only going to cause problems. I understand that tinnitus is horrible and you are very keen, but you really cannot push it so hard to get results. If it works it can take several weeks to show improvement. Please slow down, I am sorry if I didn't stress this enough in the manual

yesterday I did about an hour of Z1 and this morning I did about half an hour, my second go around with Z1 alone. Then late this evening I did it for the third time and then gave it a shot with Z2. I used the saline solution to increase contact and I pressed the contacts firm inside the canal. The problem is the inside of my ear canal feels sore, probably from arcing between the probes and the skin. I noticed this first with Z1 but Z2 is really bad. Also, it is very difficult to get the probes to maintain contact since they come in at an angle and then loosen when the banana plugs are pressed together. This is what I was referring to on answer #10 below.

Your ear canal is not used to having metal components in contact with it, or electricity sent through those components inside the ear, so unless you do this slowly for only a few minutes a day and gradually build up over time, the body will react with pain. You shouldn't be using Z2 at this stage.

I’m thinking of doing ZAST2 because I may have better control of compression of just one contact than trying to ensure continuity with 2 contacts on the same probe. Besides, I found that after a bit of movement, one or the other banana breaks contact and the yellow LED goes out signifying that signal has shut off to reset. In addition, when it breaks contact, I feel the arcing and it burns.  This was quite an annoyance. How do you handle this problem? Maybe a good modification  would be to install a spring, maybe leaf to ensure proper compression to both sides of the ear canal. Another possibility is a custom probe with conductive foam that is moistened with a saline gel.

That is a concern. I have never used an Acuscen for this treatment or sold anyone else an Acuscen for this treatment. I have been taught how to use it, but had not explored the finer detail of its operation. If it is resetting and returing to the same energy level upon a slight break in the connection, then it is not going to be possible to use it in the way I have described. Is the same happening with the Z1? The RITM device does not do this. Can I check, that this is happening in all modes? Please test the Acuscen for this issue in FIX mode and/or MANUAL mode. If both modes operate in this way, then I think we have problem.

In order to use ZAST2,  I’m going to mount a mirror and read from right to left while adjusting parameters. I have one more issue. While applying to my really bad ear, the one with most hearing loss and tinnitus, very severe, I didn’t get any zeffles. I just did it for about 15 minutes. How long and how patient should I be? That was the side where I accidentally fired one round of a .45 automatic pistol. I’m hoping it was  not damaged so badly my tinnitus is permanent.

As I have stated earlier, you really shouldn't be concerned about zeffles at this stage. The major hurdle is getting the signal to flow smoothly around the inner ear. Only once you have done that then you can focus on zeffles. There is about half an inch of stubborn material to plow this signal through until you reach the inner ear, and you have to take time doing it or you will get pain. For some people it can be quite easy to get through this material, it seemed to be for me, i didn't have to use anything extra. I guess it depends on general health and age. As I have said try supplementation to improve blood flow. Emu oil is a really good moisturizer oil of the skin, it is cheap, I buy it through ebay. I don't have any magic solution to this issue yet, we have to try and find one.

I just tried ZAST1 on right ear again. At E 15 to 20 is very painful. No Zeffles. I’m thinking the pain is due to travel of the signal within the ear canal only and not into the inner ear.

Yes, I think that is why you are getting pain too

Phil, I got a Z2 cable with a  red and a black RCA – which one is which. I remember white was source and red was return. In this case which one is source, red or black? Lastly, since the signal is an AC waveform pulse, centered on ground, does it really make a difference? 

I am not sure it does make a difference to be honest, but the black is equivalent to the white in your case

I think I have answered the other questions you have asked today. You are making some fantastic contributions to this in your comments, and I will work with you as far we can, to help you make this a success and take it further. But please slow down, I am having a job keeping up with you, you need time to heal

I just did half an hour ZAST2 in my bad right ear from 77-383hz and not one zeffle. I tried ZAST1 last night as well. Is this a bad indication or is there hope that after a few days I may see some results? I am really worried this will not work and the ringing is very loud. Also, I got some of that cracking noise in my neck you described after ZAST2. I hope that is not all I get out of this? Otherwise I am doomed. Thanks

I dont think anyone has really tried ZAST2, this is all very experimental.

You arent doomed, we have only just begun!

The most important thing now is to check the issue about the acuscen losing connection, as I mentioned above, if it is a consistent problem on all modes, you will need the RITM.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 12:35:38 PM by Zephiloyd »

Zephiloyd

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 12:36:00 PM »

HI Jim

You said I am rushing it a bit but I did it for 2 days. Should I do it form more since I am older?

You should do it until you feel a smooth signal with applying the Z2, you should avoid pain. Whenever pain occurs lower the energy levels or leave for a while.

How many minutes per day. You state 2-3 around each general area. Is that really enough

well it usually gets sore after that, but continue if it is not sore

Since this is a preparation for Z2, can a long period of time say half an hour to an hour be ok, gradually moving up energy?

As long as it is not sore yes, else you will need a longer recovery time

How do you know when you are ready for Z2? Do you have a suggested schedule for all of this. I am going with your text but a chart would be helpful on how you apply to your average patient.

When you feel a smooth flow of the signal, and it is not painful at about 40 energy level. Just keep testing it. But as I have said Z1 may not be all that is required you may need to apply moisturizers and/or supplementation. I have no definite answers here, these are just logical suggestions, I don't even know that applying Z1 is necessary, but it makes sense that it is. Maybe you should simply be using moisturizers and/or supplementation, but as we dont know which works, do all three.

You did mention in an earlier email that the unit should normally drop out if there is no electrical path but here you say different, referring to the RITM.

As I had always used the RITM units I had never encountered the issue, and did not expect it to occur in the ear canal, as I had always had a strong connection using Z2, using Z1 upon reflection the connection would cut out so that could be a problem

I found is that the Z2 probe is really a problem since the ear canal width vary and the 2 contacts are not always consistent with the canal width. I keep a small vial of salted water and dip my finger in it to periodically lubricate the canal and that helps but there is still the issue of the contact separation with respect to canal width at any point of rotation.

I hope you find a way round that, ear shapes are different, it connected well with mine. I don't know what to suggest. You shouldn't need to rotate it much by the way, just by a few millimetres

Last of all, do you apply Z1 before every Z2 treatment? Is Z1 just done in the first 3 sessions and how long each? It would be helpful to have an example of the entire process described and a suggested schedule like what worked for you.

Not every session no, just for as long as you feel you need to, until the signal is flowing well in Z2, then you can forget about Z1. What worked for me was totally different I have documented it on the website under my story. I didn't use a Z2, I used a Z1 as a Z2

How do you know if Z1 treatments have bridged the material between the canal and the cochlea?

Z2 will flow well and feel smoother, trial and error

Let me know about the suggestions I made concerning a ZAST2 behind ear plate/pad and the use of EKG stick on pads as well as prosthetic conductive foam.

Yes, experiment, you know the theory of how it might work, please try these new things

However, on the left side I got hundreds. My fear is that the right may be severely damaged and unrepairable. However, this is just Z1. No doubt not all the current is returning directly across the gap but some may be feeding to the inner ear and returning. I have a strong suspicion that the left ear got zeffles because it were just arcing, why did this not happen on the right side?

your guess is as god as mine, assuming my theory is correct, I think you have already answered it anyway: you haven't penetrated through to give a smooth flow with Z2 on the right side. Again if my theory is correct, the hair follicles are repairable once you can get a smooth signal around the inner ear. It is good that you seem to be getting zeffles anyway

Phil, is reporting and contacting you on these matters an intrusion or do you welcome field analyses and information or do you get bombarded with this stuff? Keeping in contact with you allows me to ensure I am doing things properly as well as informing you of status and give suggestions. If you can give me feedback, I greatly appreciate it. Thanks and let me know if I am doing everything correct

I do welcome it, I just wish I had answers for you, but so many of your questions I just don't have definite answers to, and its frustrating for me too. I know exactly what I did that worked for me, but everybody is different, and has got it for different reasons. I wrote the manual to the best of my knowledge which could give indications of the best way to approach this. At the time of writing I was more confident that it could be applied pretty much as I described across the board, but it seems it is more complicated than that. Everything about this whole thing is so damn complicated, I wish it wasn't but it is, eg. I don't know what zeffles really are, its just theory. You are an extremely bright man, you can understand why most people give up on this.

The cracks I heard in the left ear with Z1 may have caused more damage because it seems my hearing is worse. Is this just recovery?

It can get worse before it gets better, I think it is because the signal can still be resonating in the inner ear long after you have finished treating it, it should return to the level you were at before if you leave it for a few days

Is there a risk that not using this in Auto mode and raising the energy levels and frequency could cause damage? As I understand it, biofeedback is in Auto mode because it adjusts energy based on demand of biofeedback processing. I am just concerned ramping up to E-40 may does something harmful.

You should be using this in FIX mode, to have control over frequency, which reminds me, I didn't hear back from you about checking the issue about it losing connection in the different modes. As far as I'm aware , biofeedback is in all modes, but I need to look into this and get back to you. Don't ramp it up to 40 yet, you maybe a while from that, just one small step at a time. By the way NEVER use it in DVAR to do this, the rate of change frequency is too much to cope with.

When you say smooth, what does that mean?

painless, soothing and feels right

What is too much treatment since you did say I was rushing it?

Well you need to start slowly and build up so you get use to it, with low energy and for short amounts of time. Eventually you can build up to higher energies and treatments lasting an hour.

What is this stubborn material between the canal and the inner ear I have to overcome?

fibrous tissue that is naturally going to resist the intrusion of metal probe and electrical signal, you've got to breakdown the resistance slowly. By the way you may produce more ear wax as the body defends itself

What is a recovery period? 

Until the pain goes away, or it stops feeling numb, about a day.

Are you in contact with these Dr ‘R’s’ from Russia and Germany that also apply the SCENAR for tinnitus?

I am not in contact with Dr Raetzel, his approach is different, and we can try that option too, but the problem there is that you require several devices and a therapist to apply them! I am seeing Dr Revenko in a month for a scenar event in London, but his English is not very good, his wife is the translator, and is focused on the many other areas that scenar is amazing for. Revenko is very praising of my technique but he has too to do, travelling around the world to focus on it. The major difference is that THEY are the scenar therapists, and the patient is not required to know how it works, in my procdure in selling/renting devices and ZAST I have to train the patient how to use it on themselves, which is quite a different approach.

If I get success, I will contact her since she is a colleague of many that may be interested in this.  The more help I can get from you that results in success, the greater chance this may hit mainstream and you may be inundated with the establishment here in the US.

Sounds great

since I dont have a manual for this device and the DVD is not one, im having a hard time fifing out what FIX mode and DVAR are. I only have 2 modes, auto and manual. I went through everything and so far found nothing on either of these.

If you press the large button 3 times it should go to DVAR. I remember seeing FIX on your device at some point, I can't replicate it now because I dont have the same version of Acuscen

Is fixed mode the same as manual?

Not quite sure, can you find FIX by scrolling through the settings?

I take it DVAR is the same as modulation

DVAR is the same as FMVAR on the RITM, it means the frequency is constantly changing, anyway you have the manual now so you can find it

It’s hard to believe they sell this unit without a manual

They don't, I got it off a friend who had lost their manual

Only the Z1 probe seems not to break lock. Z2 is so difficult to maintain contact on each probe. I barely move it from 12/6 o’clock and the yellow light goes out. I keep trying ZAST2, but taping the red RCA behind the ear opposite side,  but it is inconsistent as well.

If you are having problems with the Z2, you can try using Z1 as a Z2, with the tip of the Z1 touching the bottom of the ear canal, and the other part touching the top. This is how I did it originally, see first crude diagram
http://www.zephiloyd.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52:oct-2007-jan-2008&catid=37:march-june-2007-&Itemid=53

Did you come up with ZAST1 and ZAST2 as well as Z1 by trial and error or analysis?

All by trial and error

My tinnitus is so bad, I would like to give ear-ear a try but want to know your take.

Try it

Furthermore, since ZAST2 takes you through the head, is there any possibility that any serious neurological damage could result?

No. Scenar is a healing device, it cannot harm you long term, the signal is good for your brain. The auditory nerve goes directly into the brain, when applying ZAST at high energy levels, I believe my brain was very well stimulated by it. It would either make me very alert or very tired, usually when I was previously the opposite

Also, you refer to ‘fibrous tissue’. I thought we were hitting nerve paths from the outer ear to the inner ear. Is that not that case and are we creating an electrical field conducting via fluids in the tissues to the cochlea. There is also the fact the cochlea is embedded in bone and is a hard shell itself.  If the latter is the case and we are not hitting a nerve pathway, then ZAST1 would be least efficient and ZAST2, maybe ever ear to ear would make most sense since you create a symmetrical pathway.

Sorry, I don't know

As for Dr. Revenko and Dr Raezel, I would recommend writing every idea you have, maybe include some of my ideas, into Word and then run a translate application and email or present these to them.

I don't think Revenko would be that interested, he has enough to do teaching pain relief techniques with scenar. Dr Raetzel is a better bet. Raetzel however is an orthopedic surgeon and not an audiologist. There is no-one specialising in scenar and audiology as far as I am aware

manual could be dangerous if applied randomly like you and I have

There is no need to ask them, manual mode is NOT dangerous, neither is what you have proposed going ear to ear. Why would it be unsafe compared to any of the other methods? the only setting I wouldn't use is DVAR, you should try any other combinations and positions to get results. However I will contact Raetzel about the treatment in general

If the Dr R’s are intrigued why have they not worked with you on this?

As I have said Dr Revenko is busy lecturing around the world and treating patients

Are they dubious of your results?

No. I showed Dr Revenko the material a few years ago, we talked for a few minutes about it, and then he went back to his lecture. He was pleased I had managed to do what I did to myself with it, and wished me luck in treating others

There should be a team of folks, electronics engineer, biomed engineer, neurologist and SCENAR person such as yourself evaluating the possibilities

There should be, but there aren't. If you can help me take it further then that is brilliant.

How did you come up with ZAST2

Trying out various positions, I found that one, and it produces zeffles, so thought it worthy of mention

Actually, there is a Jane Albright at www.albright-centre.com at ph 44 (0) 207 452 8942 along with Christine Kenna the form learned unser Dr Revenko. They also use the SCIO in addition to SCENAR. Jim

I guess this is in reference to therapists who are into scenar and audiology. Now you mention it, I remember Jane Albright being mentioned a while back, never heard of Christine Kenna though, have you a link?

I think, another reason why I get frustrated a little with all this is because this communication is between just you and me, and no-one else gets to see it. I created the forum so that people who were actively treating themselves could help each other, I wanted it all discussed on an open platform where everyone could see it so it wasn't just me all the time who was expected to have answers. There has been some of that but not enough. We have covered so much in these emails, I was wondering if I could post this communication (if I remove the personal stuff) onto the forum so other interested parties could see it?

Zephiloyd

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 12:42:08 PM »
I have been pondering an 'ear plug' type connector to enable ZAST2 ear to ear hands free to allow control of parameters. Since the cochlea is a hardshell much like a non brittle eggshell, the surface could be a barrier to these low frequecy impulses. It would be interesting to generate a modulation scheme on a scenar where the fundamental is a factor of an internal resonant frequency mixed with the low frequecy impulses. I just think that one aspect of this is related to the low frequecy audio tones developed by Univ Dublin College Eire along with Univ of Edinburgh.Scenar may also invigorate nucleotides that rejuvenate folicles. A specialist on the inner ear should be looking into this. Maybe send an email or letter to those 2 universities to get their take. Since you had first hand experience,  you are in the best unique position to enlighten them. Apparently work is being done in Dallas as well as Germany that may be related to this as well. Possibly too many wheels being reinvented and wasted energy as well as time. I think your video may be a factor and to tell you the truth I was about dubious at first but then dug to find out about you. My advice, do another video but not in the dark with pc displays reflecting off your glasses, lay all your scenars and probes on a table, wear a plain white shirt, show ocilloscope traces, reference the dr Rs with your group photo, avoid the word 'cure' but instead 'alleviate' or 'relieve'. Anyone you email or write in a prominent role will look you up on the internet and that video is a resume. Mention you have studied the scenar, what it is, where it came from and its sucesses in medicine. Maybe have a Zephiloyd intro. I was once a NASA grant rep to Rice University and observed grad and undergrad engineering teams present papers and projects and Drs Cheatham and Walker asked my take. Presentation was a big factor in opening our minds to viability. If students were slobs, unorganized, unprepared, they had a hardsell and presentation was usually disjointed and confusing and they would not their A even if they had a good idea. Not enough of the prominent people are noticing you or something would have happened in 4 years. I would redo the video in light with blank background and only related materials in view and a structured presentation. Otherwise, any letters will be viewed as hype. You have a breakthru and you can make this work. If Ministry of Defence contacts you back as serious, ask and prepare for formal meeting and bring you wares, test result data and contacts such as the Rs.